04 February 2013

Ohio Beauty









 Amy Butler's own wallpaper design for Graham & Brown



Being from Ohio, I always love to see stylish and beautiful design from my home state. I was completely blown away when I found Amy Butler's home featured in Livingetc, one of my all-time favourite interior design magazines. 

I absolutely love the gorgeous vaulted ceiling with skylights in the lounge, painted all white (my favourite lounge style, as you may know, since I obsessively post photos of such spaces). The warm dark wood floors and furniture, huge pendant light (an Ikea fave), and cozy neutral textiles make the lounge such an inviting space.Then there is that incredible view of forest-covered hills, seen from a sitting area behind the fireplace, which seems like a dream-come-true. I'm sure that Ms Butler is quite smitten with that view. I know I would be! It is making me feel a bit homesick, looking at all those lovely trees.

Not only does she have an amazing home, Amy Butler also designs fabulous wallpapers, rugs, artwork, and other home wares, which you can see right here. I would love to have a few pieces from her range--and her house, of course! Wouldn't you?

{image sources: 1 - 5; 6}

2 comments:

miss b said...

I can just imagine sitting with a book and a coffee relaxing in one of those gorgeous chairs in the first photo - great view too.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Anne said...

Beautiful home. I really like the wicker chairs in the first pics and the mix of woods and metals.