15 June 2012

Fab Frock Friday: Remember this?


Do you remember the September 2006 issue of Vogue, with Kirsten Dunst on the cover, as Marie Antoinette? I fondly recall poring over my copy of the magazine, marveling at every exquisite gown, at the decadence portrayed in those beautiful images, celebrating the film Marie Antoinette by Sophia Coppola.

This stunning pink and grey zig-zag gown was designed by the late great Alexander McQueen, and was worn by Ms Dunst in that issue. Isn't it an amazing creation? (Sorry for gushing! I just feel swept up in the beauty of fashion when I see such finery.)

I hope you all are having a lovely Friday. I'm about to watch a movie (I think it will have to be Marie Antoinette, after seeing this gown), in-between making a roast chicken, as I do nearly every Friday night, during the cold weather months, while awaiting my prince to arrive home from work.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

I never saw that issue of Vogue. Oh my goodness that is a gorgeous dress!