23 November 2011

Appetizing Bites

Are you looking for some great appetizers to serve for the holidays?

Thanksgiving is just two days away, here in the States. If you are like me, the appetizer portion of a dinner party (or "nibbles", as they say in Australia) eludes me, until the last minute. Then I remember, "Oh, yes, people need to snack on something before dinner!" Maybe you are having that kind of moment right now.

Well, you're in luck, because I've found six delicious recipes for you! A few months ago, I made the Mushroom and Bacon Dip for a "Christmas in July" dinner which my boyfriend and I hosted, and, let me tell you, it is amazing! It is even more flavorful the next day, so this dip is a perfect make-ahead appetizer. On that occasion, I also made sweet potato wedges, a favorite side dish, which I've made many times. The sweet potato skins recipe, below, looks even better, with the addition of bacon and sour cream toppings. The other recipes just look so tasty, I'm dying to try them myself. 

All of the recipes are from Martha Stewart, my go-to recipe source. I hope you will enjoy them, and I wish you all a wonderful holiday season!

(Click on the recipe name to link to the source.)













Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for following me Kim! Love your blog and have to admit I'm very much eyeing off that mushroom with rosemary skewers. Two of my favourite foods combined into one dish - has to be amazing right?!

Inga said...

Delicious! Thank you :)

lamb and blonde said...

I agree, Anna. Those mushrooms on rosemary skewers sound so easy and delicious! I use both ingredients any chance I get.

lamb and blonde said...

Thanks for visiting, Inga!